RN PEC Flow Coordinator
Req #: 5610
Category: NURSING/LVN (INPATIENT, OUTPATIENT, SPECIALTY)
Division: Behavioral Health
Employment Type: Full Time
Hours: 4 x 10HR
Compensation Type: Hourly
Facility: Trinity Springs Pavilion for Psychiatric Services
Location: 1500 S. Main Street, Fort Worth
JPS Health Network is a $950 million, tax-supported health care system for Tarrant County in North Texas. Anchored by a 537-bed acute care hospital, the network includes more than 46 community-based clinics, including 20 school-based clinics. John Peter Smith Hospital is home to Tarrant County’s first and only Level 1 Trauma Center, its only psychiatric emergency services site and has the largest family medicine residency program in the nation. Our network employs more than 6,500 people.
Acclaim is our medical practice group and is comprised of a multispecialty medical practice group designed to align clinical providers with a common set of incentives and expectations supporting operational, financial and clinical performance improvement.
For more information, visit www.jpshealthnet.org
To view all job vacancies, visit www.jpshealthcareers.org
Description: The RN Patient Placement Coordinator assesses Psychiatric Emergency Center (PEC) patient admissions, discharges and inpatient bed availability. This position also develops, coordinates and implements plans for patient assignments which accommodate patient needs, unit workload and physician preferences. Typical Duties:
- Facilitates and manages patient flow throughout the department to ensure that patients are expeditiously moved into treatment area and wait time is minimized.
- Coordinates with PEC Physicians to identify patients eligible and appropriate for admission/transfer. Facilitates movement of PEC patients before, during and after determination of treatment needs.
- Evaluates admission and transfer process for patients, families and physicians on an individual and collective basis.
- Coordinates with the TSP Pending Nurse and other staff nurses to identify patients who are TSP Pending appropriate and to move those patients to the TSP area in a timely manner. Assist with discharges as appropriate.
- Reviews all admissions to prioritize and coordinate outside transfers and transportation/pick-up.
- Maintains knowledge of the actual and potential disposition status of the patients in the Psychiatric Emergency Department.
- Identifies barriers to the admission and discharge process and suggests solutions in conjunction with the Psych ED and Hospital Leadership Team.
- Contributes to achievement of the department’s metrics including but not limited to: door-to-discharge, bed assigned-to-discharge, Left without Being Seen rate.
- Attends all Bed Control meetings while on duty to represent the interest of the patients in the emergency department.
- Participates as a member of the Psych Leadership Team, is Team Leader capable, and attends leadership meetings.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited school of professional nursing.
- 2 plus years of psychiatric experience.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- 2 plus years of experience as a charge nurse.
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
- Current licensure by the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas or proof of reciprocity of licensure between State of Texas and another state.
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification.
Preferred Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
- National Nursing Certification in related specialty area.
1500 S. Main Street
Fort Worth, Texas, 76104