Supervisor RN – Behavioral Health
Req #: 5598
Category: BEHAVIORAL HEALTH
Division: Behavioral Health
Employment Type: Part Time
Compensation Type: Hourly
Facility: TSP- North
Location: 1000 St Louis Ave, Fort Worth
JPS Health Network is a $950 million, tax-supported health care system for Tarrant County in North Texas. Anchored by a 537-bed acute care hospital, the network includes more than 46 community-based clinics, including 20 school-based clinics. John Peter Smith Hospital is home to Tarrant County’s first and only Level 1 Trauma Center, its only psychiatric emergency services site and has the largest family medicine residency program in the nation. Our network employs more than 6,500 people.
Acclaim is our medical practice group and is comprised of a multispecialty medical practice group designed to align clinical providers with a common set of incentives and expectations supporting operational, financial and clinical performance improvement.
For more information, visit www.jpshealthnet.org
To view all job vacancies, visit www.jpshealthcareers.org
Description: The Supervisor, Registered Nurse (RN) Psych House monitors patient care and ensures safe and efficient functioning for all units for a specific shift. This position collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure safe, effective, and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes. Typical Duties:
- Delivers nursing care to assigned group of patients to include education directed towards identified knowledge deficits, treatment planning, pain management and discharge planning utilizing the nursing process.
- Delivers quality nursing care while minimizing the risk of infection, contamination, harm, or injury. Maintains safe and clean working environment ensuring compliance with procedure rules and regulations.
- Provides and coordinates patient care, educates patients and public about various health conditions, and provide advice and emotional support to patients and family members.
- Resolves patient problems and needs by using multi-disciplinary team strategies.
- Anticipates deteriorating life sign patterns or equipment malfunctions and takes appropriate action.
- Serves as a leader by precepting and mentoring RN I, and students.
- Maintains accurate, detailed reports and records and directs care with regard to age and developmental stage, presenting complaint, and pertinent history.
- Modifies patient treatment plans as indicated by patients’ responses. Monitors, records and reports symptoms and changes in patients’ conditions.
- Facilitates resolution of clinical problems in collaboration with Director of Psychiatric Nursing, Clinical Managers, medical staff, and other hospital departments as appropriate.
- Collaborates with Clinical Managers by providing data, feedback, and recommendations regarding operation, review, and adherence to the program operating and capital budgets for unit programs.
- Participates in the Performance Improvement activities to improve patient outcome.
- Coordinates incoming and outgoing transfers and demonstrates knowledge of EMTALA laws when processing patient transfers.
- Supports Clinical Managers in the safe and effective deployment of staff.
- Supports staff through mentoring and precepting and acting as a clinical resource. Participates in the employee evaluation/counseling process.
- Facilitates interdepartmental problem solving in complex patient care issues.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Associate’s Degree from an accredited school of professional nursing.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- 6 plus months of experience as a practicing Registered Nurse.
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
- Current licensure by the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas or proof of reciprocity of licensure between the State of Texas and another state.
- CPR certification.
- Completion of unit specific competency based orientation program within 90 days.
Preferred Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
- Certification in Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing.
1000 St Louis Ave
Fort Worth, Texas, 76104